Thursday, April 1, 2010

Peggy Sue's/Jenny Rose

Has anyone tried these cool looking little diners? I believe they are 2 or 3 hours outside of Vegas - on the I 15. I was too hungover on my last trip home to even fathom consuming food, but was wondering if they would be worth it for the next trip.





Looks like the epitome of a ';greasy spoon,'; no?



Peggy Sue's/Jenny Rose


Callie, I%26#39;ve never tried Peggy Sue%26#39;s, much as I love the name.





Driving to Vegas, I want to make it past the half-way point before I stop, and these are before the half-way point. So I push on to Baker (home of the Mad Greek and Bun Boy) before I stop to eat.





Driving from Vegas, even though these are beyond that all-important (in my mind only) half-way point, I%26#39;ve never stopped there; I just go into Barstow (Lenwood exit) for In %26#39;N Out, Panda Express or Rip Griffin Truck Stop%26#39;s Diner.





If someone has tried Peggy Sue%26#39;s, I too would like to hear how it is.



Peggy Sue's/Jenny Rose


1950s style food at 2005 prices. Hamburgers, malts and sundaes dominate the menu.




We stopped by there to have lunch two years ago (august) --- 2 moms and three almost teenaged girls.





Its definitely an authentic diner decor.....we sat at the bar area and we had all their soda fountain favorites.





Food wasn%26#39;t great though when we were there. I tried to have a side salad instead of fries and it was just watery ice berg lettuce and not one of the dressings was decent.





If you stop there, try a malt or a shake...





But the best shakes are at the MAD GREEK.




Thanks guys...my friends tried both the Mad Greek and Bun Boy on their way home and said they weren%26#39;t half bad. We were all traveling in 2 seperate cars, but at that point I was so eager to get home that I just wanted to keep driving! Maybe next time...




Travelwriter, I eat at the Mad Greek a lot (love their gyros!!), but somehow, I%26#39;ve never tried their shakes. Thanks for the recommendation!

No comments:

Post a Comment