Thursday, April 1, 2010

Half price tickets

Hi, I have heard you can get half price tickets somewhere for Vegas shows, has anyone any idea%26#39;s where this is or how to get hold of them.. Thanks



Half price tickets


I think it%26#39;s called tickets2nite at the big Coke bottle near MGM



Half price tickets


Yes there is one across the street of the NYNY at the big Coke bottle which is next to the MGM. I think there is also one a little further down by the Harley Davidson Cafe.




There are two different discount ticket companies in Vegas, each selling same-day tickets for half-price (plus a small service fee). The two are Tix 4 Tonight and Tickets 2Nite.





Tix 4 Tonight has three locations: the east side of the Strip just south of the Harley Davidson Cafe at Harmon, on the west side of the Strip at the Fashion Show Mall, and on the east side of the Strip next door to the Peppermill Restaurant (across from the Stardust). Tickets 2Nite is located at the Coke Bottle, across from Monte Carlo and north of MGM. One of the two is also in the Hawaiian Marketplace as well, but I don%26#39;t recall which one.





I don%26#39;t know if either service is better or cheaper than the other, and I don%26#39;t know if either has a better selection of shows than the other. My suspicion is that they are probably pretty much the same. Neither one carries tickets to the top shows or to the top names; they both carry tickets to the long-running Vegas standards. At a recent visit, some of the shows that they carried were: The Fab Four at the Aladdin; Legends In Concert at Imperial Palace; The Platters, Drifters and Coasters at Sahara; American Superstars at Stratosphere; The Temptations and Four Seasons at StarDust; the Rat Pack at Greek Isles; Tribute to Neil Diamond at Riviera; the World%26#39;s Greatest Magic Show at Greek Isles; Show Girls of Magic; and I stopped writing them down after this.





They open at noon, with tickets for that day. Rumor has it that sometimes, late in the afternoon, they will get a few unsold tickets for the top shows, but I cannot confirm this. Some of the tickets are for general admission, so there is no drawback to buying the discounted tickets. Other shows are maitre de seating, so you will need to bribe someone for the best seats, regardless of the price you paid. Some of the shows are assigned seating, and the discount ticket places don%26#39;t get the best seats. I have been able to upgrade my cheap seats at the Box Office, and still saved money.





For example, I got $50 front-row seats (which would have cost $55 after including the Live Entertainment Tax) at Imperial Palace. I paid $23 each, including tax and service charge, to the discount ticket place, and then I paid $10 each for an upgrade at the Box Office. So I saved about $22 each ticket, paying a total of $33 each, instead of $55 each at the Box Office. Great seats, a very good show, and one drink was included in the price. There were no other discounts available that I was aware of. Was it worth the time and hassle of going to the discount ticket place, standing in line there, then going to the Box Office and standing in line there? Not if I was pressed for time, or having to give up something else to make the time, or having to pay cab fare, or ????????? But I had the time, I was strolling the Strip and enjoying it. So it was worth it to me, that trip.





I said in that last paragraph that there were no other discounts available that I knew of. You will find in your hotel room and around town a large number of visitor guides, filled with ads and reviews and recommendations and maps. I%26#39;d prefer the reviews on this Forum to the ones in these guides, because I would always suspect that the reviews in the guides are paid advertisements. But some of these guides also have a lot of coupons. So if there is a $10 off coupon for the Tribute To Neil Diamond, maybe it is not worth going to a discount ticket place. After all, half price plus a service charge might cost more than full price less the $10 coupon. I like to have in mind what discount coupons are available when I go to buy tickets, just to make sure I don%26#39;t pay too much.




Terrific post Mike!





One note to add to your info...



In those guides you will find a VIP line pass for Tix4tonight and $1.00 off their Service Fee. This will shorten the wait and put another buck in your pocket.




I have the vip line pass printed off how do you use it is there a vip line




Conkay,



There was a VIP line at the Fashion Show Mall location, so I assume that there would be at their other locations as well.


  • neutrogena
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment