Thursday, April 8, 2010

Helicopter Tours to South Rim

Do any of the helicopter tours go to the South Rim? That is the only part of the Canyon I have seen before. Is the West Rim as impressive? I am taking my two boys and want them to get the best views as it may be a long time before they are back.



Thanks!



Helicopter Tours to South Rim


Hi cath, I have been in the same dilemma for months! I have finally booked an airplane tour as it is the only way to get to the South Rim which is by far superior view-wise. It%26#39;s the widest part and also the least commercial. The West Rim is where the %26#39;authentic%26#39; indians are shoved in your face, wasn%26#39;t my style at all, much prefer the South!





This is only MY opinion though! the helo tours seemed great value for money until I looked at the timings, most don%26#39;t land, and the floor landing is only a lunch stop. Not much chance for taking the pictures of a lifetime. You%26#39;d get great aerial shots from the helo, but potentially none of your boys standing on the Rim.





I booked the South Rim Air/ground deluxe tour with looktours.com we don%26#39;t pay for it til the day of our tour which gives us extra time to save!



Helicopter Tours to South Rim


Thanks fbd. My boys love the idea of the helicopter but I don%26#39;t want them to miss the best part of the canyon. They do not love the idea of a bus! Maybe we should do Scenic to Grand Canyon then a helicopter add-on.




Cath:





Looktours offers a fixed wing aircraft flight to the south rim. Then board a helicopter to the floor of the canyon followe by a ride on the river then lunch before returning to Vegas.



This might be what you are looking for as it would give your boys a helicopter ride and also a great view of the canyon.



Unfortunately my wife will not do the helicopter so we are just doing the aircraft and bus tour.



Whatever you decide I hope you have a wonderful time !!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment