Thursday, April 1, 2010

Is October pool weather?

Hi, thinking of going 3rd or 4th week of October. How warm is it still in Vegas? SHould we pack swimsuits for the swimming pool and sun bathing? We live in Florida and used to warmer climates so 70%26#39;s is too cold for me.



Not sure where we are staying yet. I want to be somewhere central close to the Bellagio and Caesar%26#39;s but less expensive, under $200/nt on the weekend. This is another question, but any suggestions?



Is October pool weather?


I am from Boston, and late october is even too cool for me to hit the pool in vegas. Weather will be great--dry and mild, but probably not pool weather if you are used to South Florida.





Regarding hotel choice, Paris will probably have rooms sub 200 per night. Mirage would too. Look on hotels.com



Is October pool weather?


I was in Vegas the third week of October last year and it wasn%26#39;t really hot enough to enjoy the pool, although I was told that the weather then was unusually cool. It%26#39;s iffy that late in the season.





Try Ballys or Paris, across street from Bellagio. Looks like their prices are in your ballpark right now.




...I would check each hotel%26#39;s website for the best deal, and best cancellation policy.




I%26#39;ll be there from the 25th to the 29th (getting married at Treasure Island on 26th) and I%26#39;m packing a swimsuit incase I need to ';wake up'; i%26#39;ll just dive in. hehe




I think it is a ';hit or miss'; time of year. We were there in Sept and the weather was about 100- we went back in the second week of Nov and although the weather was cool there were still people in the pool at the Monte Carlo and others sunning themselves. i believe the main pool at MC is heated, but if you are used to Fla heat then you might not be too comfortable. my friend goes in Oct (earlier) and has been able to use the pool.





I think you will be able to find rroms in that range if you search different sites and the hotels directly. Good luck! jan




Thanks for the advice! I guess swimming and sunning is not our #1 priority. I%26#39;d like to go in a cooler month as I know the heat is brutal. If we have a few warm days, then that%26#39;s great too as we can use the pool. thanks.




Just a quick note- I just checked online rates at MC and the last Sat in Oct showed a rate of $189- it is in a nice location- connected to Bellagio by tram-- just a suggestion-- also remember that even after you book a room, keep checking back because if the rate goes lower you will get the lower rate guarantee.

No comments:

Post a Comment