Monday, December 12, 2011

Vegas To Grand Canyon 1day

My wife and I are coming to Vegas in June and we wanna go see the Grand Canyon now I know they say its a long drive for one day but it can be done! Is there anyone out there that has done it and how did you find it? Also I know there is a shorter way to get to a different area of the Canyon that takes about

2-3 hours from Vegas. Me and a friend did it in 1999 it was a dirt road. Does anyone know if its still there and if its safe?

Vegas To Grand Canyon 1day

Dirt road - mid June - 110+ degree temps, sounds like a trip I want to sign up for! Your friend may have made it to a western vein of the canyon, but your friend didn%26#39;t make it to the main canyon area in 2 or 3 hours....

Can a roundtrip drive to the canyon take place in one day - as long as you are planning for a very long day... Depending on traffic, it will be 5-6 hours each way, then the time you want to spend viewing...

Have you considered a flight or helicopter trip?

Vegas To Grand Canyon 1day

we did a coach trip to the canyon but happy to tell you about it the driver made a short cut at the joshua trees along a dirt road made it in good time had plenty of time there had a meal with the indians and went to several great view points comeing back along the short cut the driver smashed his water hose under the engine and we got stuck in a little village for several hours this is a local coach driver that knows his way around so you would proberly take a lot longer to get there i have done the helicopter to the grand canyon as well and it is something else i will always have great memorys of that flight it was the best money i have ever spent flying over hover dam valley of fire lake mead over old volcano creators on onto the canyon if you can afford to do it without a shadow of a dought do the helicopter tour you wont regret it.

the coach trip might be good for you if you would rather travel by road would be more relaxing rather then do all that driveing


Hey Vegas I see what you mean! I know its a long drive but from what I have read the bus tours all do it in about 12 hours there and back so if they can do it I am sure a car can do it just as fast if not faster!

And the place that Andrew is talking about is what I was thinking the one that goes past the Joshua Tree Forest! Does anyone have info on that?


My guess is that the one-day bus tours have two drivers. I can%26#39;t imagine that one bus driver can legally drive 12-14 hours in a 24-hour period.

I drove to and from Zion Canyon on a one-day trip, and that was about 8 hours of driving. After that, I wouldn%26#39;t even entertain the thought of 11-12 hours to GC and back. If you do it, leave Vegas at the crack of dawn so that your entire drive will be in daylight. Good luck and have fun!


The drive thru the Joshua trees is to the West Rim, which includes the rutty dirt road. When you get to the canyon area itself, you have to pay to take a bus ride or helicopter to see ANYTHING because this is on Indian land. This drive can be done in a day, BUT 4 wheel drive SUV is highly recommended and do not do it if muddy. Forget driving to South Rim. That%26#39;s TWO long days.


js2528: My wife and I just made the trip a couple of weeks ago to the South rim. It took us about 4 hours and 45 minutes going out with a short stop at Hoover Dam. The drive back was about 3 hours 45 minutes, but I also was driving well about the speed limit most of the way through Arizona. I debated making the drive at first but I%26#39;m glad I did.


Buck.. thanks for that info that is what I was thinking. I drive a bus for a living so 8-10 hours of it is nothing for me. We will definitly be doing that trip.


A few years back (maybe %26#39;01), I did the west rim trial in a large SUV. It was $200 a person, plus tip and it was a LONG day. We sat in the back of the SUV (there were 6 people and the guide) and found the experience to be very BUMPY. Add to the fact you%26#39;re in the SUV for 12-14 hours- not good times. My back ached for days and for the amount of time you actually get to see the canyon- it wasn%26#39;t worth it. Glad I did it, but I%26#39;d never try that route again.


Two years ago my family and i went to the canyon in one day. It ws a great trip and I loved the canyon but travelling there and back from vegas in one day is very tiring. I would do the helicopter trip....it would obivously be much faster and you could spend more time at the canyon. It felt like we were rushed and didn%26#39;t get to stay as long as we wanted. I would do a helicopter tour or use two days.


Just got back a couple of weeks ago and made the GC trip to the south rim...We had a rental car and left about 11:00 and got there about 3:00 stopping for gas and snacks along the way.. as we were leaving the sun was going down while we had dinner. I was worth the trip...got back after midnight and glad we did it but if i had the money i would do the heli trip...It was a long day...but we were there for a week and had the day to spare.

  • neutrogena
  • networking
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment