Monday, December 12, 2011

I thought this site was for discussing Vegas travel.

I am a travel agent and I use this website to gain firsthand experience



and to help offer advice to my clients.



I was under the impression this was a forum to share your experiences and



ask questions if you are unsure of something.



I have since learned this is quite possibly a group of junior high students that are



cutting class and playing on their mommy and daddy%26#39;s computers.



I find there are a select few that actually offer useful advice and contribute worthwhile



comments. Yes, I choose to read the negative and sarcastic remarks, just out of



pure curiosity. Adults calling each other names? Very mature.



What a fine example you are setting for your children and other people%26#39;s kids



that are reading these threads. You must be proud.



Don%26#39;t get me wrong, I am in no way defending the waste of time posters, but



this site has lost its usefulness and those of you that are posting garbage



(on both sides) should stop.



Set up your own chat room so you can bash others that are not as superior



as you.



Teach your children well. They learn from example.



I thought this site was for discussing Vegas travel.


OK, I%26#39;ll be the bad guy. Are you from west Virginia? Just asking.



I thought this site was for discussing Vegas travel.


Exactly the response I expected.




While your post has valid points, I am curious why you would create a new username just to them? Since you have obviously been here long enough to observe the Tim-related drama, why not just post under your regular name? Why go to all the trouble of signing up for another ID?




Disillusioned....You just joined in May. Did you just become a travel agent??? Just curious.





You apparently don%26#39;t understand that when someone highjacks the whole forum for his own benefit then it becomes worthless.





I wish a certain Troll Boy would disappear and never come back. But, until that happens we are going to continue to see the same old thing.





Troll Boy is worse than a terrorist. He highjacks a site until all the useful people with valuable information are gone. Then the site is left useless and provides no help.




just to *make* them, sorry. My typing abilities seem to be lacking today.




You can access, read and use the information on this forum without registering as a poster. This could be disillusioned%26#39;s first post, and they have been just browsing the forum until now.




MsZ:





My guess would be because they did not want to admit the following:





';I am a travel agent and I use this website to gain firsthand experience.';





In my book, firsthand experience usually means actually being there and doing the things your ';clients'; might ask about - what%26#39;s more useful, a travel agent who can recommend a hotel based on actually being there? or a travel agent basing their opinions gathered from reading an internet forum?





What does this say for the children who are on this site and want to grow up to be travel agents . . .sorry kids . . . travel agents don%26#39;t travel for real . . .they just plug in their Encarta CD and surf tripadvisor websites.




Don%26#39;t ya just love these posts.





Disallusioned, You complain about those not contributing to the this forum, what%26#39;s been your contribution so far ? As far I can tell, feeding the trolls so far. If you got anything worthwhile to say , then post it.





You say you are a travel agent. Why don%26#39;t you just save your clients a couple of bucks and refer them to this site, rather than charge for your filter.




I have to agree. The negative bashing and such is just what made me refrain from even using this forum for a long time. Its almost like a chatroom rather than an advise forum. Incedently that is a violation of the posting guidlines. Just some advise for those willing to listen.... if someone really bothers you, ignore them. When you take away their fun they%26#39;ll go away quietly. Just a thought.



Matt




I knew I would touch a nerve and those of you are responding as expected. Why so defensive? The truth hurts?

No comments:

Post a Comment