Sunday, March 28, 2010

Flying first-class?

I haven%26#39;t flown first-class in years and years. Is there any point to it nowadays, aside from getting a ';better quality'; frozen dinner and a free weak drink?





Airline will be Northwest, if that matters.



Flying first-class?


If you do fly first class, don%26#39;t post it here. A few idiots on this site will tell you what a fool you are for spending the extra money. They%26#39;ll probably tell you to take the bus because you%26#39;re going to end up in Las Vegas either way.



Check the replys posted on my SW Steakhouse review.



I%26#39;d say if you%26#39;ve got the extra cash, go first class if that%26#39;s your pleasure.



Have a great trip!



Flying first-class?


I enjoy traveling first class. A warning though, it%26#39;s not the same as it was a few years back.



The main benefit is the extra room, specially flying to LV... most of the flights are packed and you won%26#39;t enjoy much room! Plus you get your luggage first, with the priority tags.



You do get a meal, and it is often quite decent. Haven%26#39;t flown Northwest in about a year, but they used to offer you a choice of three entrees.



As far as the drinks, they are as weak or strong as you want them, since you get the miniature bottles and can get as many (within reason) as you want.



If it%26#39;s within your budget, by all means do it.




First on, First off, bigger more comfortable seat, some sort of meal on longer flights, and better drink service with free alchohol.




was in vegas last year was lucky enough to get upgraded to first class for free. must of been my diamond smile lol.




Depends entirely on the cost difference. Personally, I%26#39;d rather save the extra plane money and spend it on a nicer hotel/room.




I believe NORTHWEST reported several cases of food poisoning



in their meals packages. pointe to the cooked carrots.



SAVE YOUR MONEY. mix with the rest of the vegas folks in coach.




My general rule is only fly first when it%26#39;s offered as an upgrade, but to each his own.





If you can fly Song out of BDL, I would actually recommend it. Everyone has a private TV with live Satellite programming, which makes the flight go by quick. The seats are all leather, and it%26#39;s a discount airline, so cheaper than flying normal.




Priority check-in, priority line through security -at least at McCarran, first on/first off. Better seats, 50% more frequent flyer miles. Totally your call on whether that%26#39;s worth the extra cash.



FWIW, flown Business Class crossing the pond on NW-pretty good food and I DID NOT get food poisoning-(although that%26#39;s the catering company NOT the airline; meaning if it%26#39;s actually true then other airlines with the same catering company should%26#39;ve reported the problem.)




Last time in Vegas, we called the airline 24 hrs. before our flight to ask if there were any upgrades available for 1st class. It was 100 bucks more, and I think it was worth it instead of sitting crammed in coach for 5 hours with a Chinese man sneezing every 10 seconds and another lady with food poisoning on the other side. Sometimes they are booked up, but it is worth a try!



Just don%26#39;t be one of those people. Checking our bags once, waiting on line and this woman yelps, ';EXCUSE ME, I%26#39;m in FIRST class and I need you to move.'; Kiss my @$$ lady.




I pay for coach tickets and then use my frequent flyer miles to upgrade to first class - makes a 5 hour flight much more bearable. US Air first class is not what it used to be but the extra seat room is what counts the most to me. Leaving this Sunday for 25th anniv. trip to Wynn - I will write a trip report when I get back!

No comments:

Post a Comment