Sunday, March 28, 2010

Crap Dealer Mistake Question for VegasMan

VM, I was playing at a crap table (not in Vegas) last Friday, when a new player came up next to me. He through down his cash and was given a stack of quarters. The dice then moved to a couple of different players. Then while a new game was beginning, a seven was rolled which paid the pass line. I had two nickels on my pass line bet and my neighbor had two quarters. Well, the dealer paid me with two quarters, as well as my neighbor. When I reached down to pick up my winnings, I notice the mistake and notified the dealer (who had just paid me). He politely commented on my honesty and then quickly paid me correctly. All this happened while the suited gentleman (setting), was busy handling something on the opposite side of the table.



Now to my question: Could I have picked up that money without being in the wrong? Or did I do the right thing? After it happened I looked up and counted at least three camera%26#39;s hovering over that table. Could the house have phone down and made me pay the mistake back if I had picked it up?





Thanks, Tarifa



Crap Dealer Mistake Question for VegasMan


And you think Vegasman knows the answer for this? He is just a dealer who keeps a keen eye on who is tipping and who is not!





Let me tell you what would have happened, just NOTHING !!!



They do not track games hand by hand manually (unless they suspect something). Even if they noticed the mistake, you still have the rights to contest that. All you have to do is make a call to Nevada Gaming Commission and a representative will come down and see the tape and then give the final verdict.



Crap Dealer Mistake Question for VegasMan


I think that is a valid question....is the dealer pays you incorrectly and you take the money and pocket it do you have to give it back if they notice, are you held responsible?




I think you did the right thing, but probably didn%26#39;t have to.





Dealers make mistakes all of the time. I think the only time it becomes an issue is when a player contests something or unless the error is huge. From my experiences the pit boss make the initial ruling without looking at the tape, at least I%26#39;ve never seen them reviewing film ala NFL replays.




anirbanstays;



I%26#39;m sure VM does a lot more than keep and eye on who is tipping and who is not.





Thanks for your opinion. I thought back over the incident on my way home, and still think I did the right thing. I could have easily picked up the mistake and took my chances. But I live my life under several principles, one of which is - I don%26#39;t lie, I don%26#39;t steal, and I%26#39;m human like everyone else - I make mistakes too.





Tarifa




Tarifa,





You did the absolutely right thing. Who is challenging your moral, ethics or values ?





On a different note, what makes you feel that Vegasman is a gaming expert ? He physically stays in vegas and went to dealers%26#39; school to learn how to throw cards to players - that makes him an expert ? LOL !!!




I think VM supervises the craps pits.




VM is not just a dealer he is the area manager I think. He would certainly know the answer to the question. Bump this post later in the evening. He%26#39;s probably working.




Craps Supervisor ? Oh, Yah ! Slightly better than the minumum wage but must wear a suit and the gaming expertise is just natural !!!!




anirbanstays,



I not saying VM is or is not an expert. But from what I%26#39;ve read from his post%26#39;s, he is more knowledgeable than I am. Sounds like he is around the game more, (than I am ) and has shared (IMO) some very valuable information. And not just on craps but Vegas in general. I personally enjoy reading the many opinions not only from him but from all the posters. Even you......





Tarifa




Tarifa,



whatever VM is, he would definitely provide facts and insights that this other gentleman/lady cannot. I would bump later this evening

No comments:

Post a Comment