Sunday, March 28, 2010

Dinner at SW Steakhouse

We arrived at 7:20 for a 7:30 reservation and were seated right away at a perfect table with view of the lake and waterfall. I had requested a view table when I made the reservation 2 weeks prior. The menu was quite extensive with plenty of choices for those who may not want steak. We each ordered a Caesar salad to start. My wife chose the filet and I had the bone in rib eye. We shared a potato dish. Salads were delivered so fast that it worried me we were going to be rushed through dinner, however service from that point on was perfectly paced. The chef walked through greeting customers, I recognized him from the website. From the looks of his slightly soiled uniform he was indeed cooking in the kitchen as Steve Wynn promised! The dessert menu seemed to be missing some obvious choices but we each enjoyed our selections.



The overall service and quality of food was great.



About $195.00 for two including tip without drinks and wine.



I would definitely dine there again.



Dinner at SW Steakhouse


';About $195.00 for two including tip without drinks and wine.



I would definitely dine there again';.





Why?



Dinner at SW Steakhouse


Thanks Iknow,



What did you have for dessert?



what did you think was missing?



Were there a lot of view tables available? Would they be able atoaccomodate a party of 8 with a view?



Appetizers?



You didn%26#39;t have wine %26amp; drinks or just not included in the price?



Was there any live entertainment or background music?



Do they have a lounge, with a view?



Thanks Again,




jimimac,



Yes, there were plenty of view tables, one with a party of about 10 near us. There is a large patio that blends right into the main restaurant with about a 30 foot wide floor to cieling door that was open durring our dinner but surely would be colsed during the HOT summer temps.



I guess the main thing missing was Creme Brulet for desert, can%26#39;t really remember all the choices now. I had ';Cookies with an ice cold shot of milk';, consisted of an assortment of 8 small cookies and a 1/2 glass COLD milk ;) $10, yes a little steep.



Yes, there were some good looking appetizers, steak tartar was recomended, didn%26#39;t try it.



Yes they have a bar/lounge area.



Overheard the maitre d telling someone they were sold out for the night. I made our reservations throught the concierge 2 weeks in advance.



My wife had a glass of merlot, just San Pelagrino for me.




OWA,



I didn%26#39;t say it was a deal, We thouroughly enjoyed the dinner and I%26#39;m not complaining about the price. I posted it for information on this site. As I said, I will dine there again. I%26#39;m not a local like you and don%26#39;t go on vacation to search out every deal in town.



Wynn is a 1st class resort and I expect to pay more at the nicer places.




OWA: You are right on...I need to get wise of the ';How to make up a trip report';..deal....kinda makes one think of the ';going to Vegas with Clients and we need the most expensive dining, rooms, limos, etc'; poster ...Sorry




you did not pay for dinner, u paid the rent check for the restaurant. too each his own. If the chef was visiting the tables, who was cooking these pricey steaks? all beef used in vegas is classified the same, grade, quality.




Maybe, but you would have to make up the visit and trip report...some people actually GO to Vegas!!!




iknowvegas...I agree with you...you get what you pay for. I see all these posts with people trying to look for bargains and comped food and coupons...and it makes me wonder...are they on vacation!?!?...I don%26#39;t understand why anyone would go to a place like Vegas and think they%26#39;re not going to spend money...I don%26#39;t even do that at home...why should I do that on vacation!!!???

No comments:

Post a Comment